Legal marijuana growers in Breckenridge blow themselves up

Posted By: The Ski Channel on December 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Two people have been severely burned after an explosion occurred in a Breckenridge house where marijuana was being legally grown. We’ve established how much the good folks in ski town Breckenridge love Mary Jane, so hopefully everyone can learn from this mistake and continue their legal operations in the safest possible conditions. Apparently the problem arose when one of the men began making hashish (hash). You need butane to make it, and the explosion was caused by a misuse of the butane. Jay Nelson, fire marshal for Red White and Blue Fire Department, said in a statement that butane should never be used inside a house. “When butane is used indoors, severe injury or death may result,” said Nelson.

We wish the burn victims a speedy and full recovery so they can get back to skiing in the beautiful Breckenridge soon.

 

 

Comments