The United States Ski and Snowboard Association will begin making their Olympic Team announcements today, January 19. The action kicks off with the Cross Country Team announcement, and possibly Ski Jumping.
The rest of the schedule is as follows:
ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULE (subject to change)
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 – Cross country
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 – Ski jumping (anticipate announcement later in week)
- Thursday, Jan. 21 – Nordic combined
- Saturday, Jan. 23 – Snowboarding halfpipe (preliminary announcement of top three men and women from Olympic qualifiers, to be announced around 9:30 p.m. MT following final competition in Park City; official team announcement Monday, Jan. 25)
- Monday, Jan. 25 – Alpine
- Monday, Jan. 25 – Snowboarding
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 – Freestyle (Noon MST at press conference at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, UT)
All announcements are subject to the following protocol before becoming ‘final:’
- All Teams are subject to USOC review and approval, which may result in adjustments to scheduled announcements.
- Quota qualifications in each sport may result in additional spots becoming available after scheduled announcements. In those cases, additional athletes will be announced as appropriate.
- The USSA will endeavor to have sport directors, head coaches and key athletes available following Team announcements. Specific schedules will be made with each team an
Many of the athletes are competing this week for one more chance to earn their Olympic spot(s). Stay tuned to the Ski Channel for more information on the 2010 U.S. Olympic Team!