17,500 screaming fans fawned over Kevin Rolland today as he won the European X Games Skiing SuperPipe final. He went into the finals in third place, and managed to come out on top. Xavier Bertoni was second, and Canada’s Justin Dorey was third. “I couldn’t have dreamt of a better situation,” Rolland said. “We (Bertoni) were one and three in Aspen, and now for the first edition at home we are one and two.”
Justin Dorey added, “Because I am from North America, the X Games in Aspen means more to me, but for Kevin and Xavier to win here in their own country of France, it must mean the same,” Dorey said.
Kevin dropped jaws as he threw down two double flips and double cork 1260 mute grab during his third run. He was the first skier to give us a double cork 1260 mute grab in competition during the Winter X Games in Aspen, and he’s still the only skier to have landed it in competition.
Winter X Games Europe
Tignes, France – Mar. 10, 2010
Men’s Skiing Superpipe Final
1. Kevin Rolland – La Plagne, France 95.66
2. Xavier Bertoni – Tignes, France 92.00
3. Justin Dorey – Vernon, BC, Canada 86.66
4. Mike Riddle 8 Sherwood Park, AB, Canada 85.00
5. Byron Wells – Wanaka, New Zealand 84.33
6. Jossi Wells – Wanaka, New Zealand 82.66
7. Tucker Perkins – North Hampton, NH, USA 80.33
8. AJ Kemppainen – Kuusamo, Finland 75.33