Mother Nature will once again shine her approval at Mammoth Mountain’s Annual Spring Fest Kick Off Party & Pond Skim. That’s a mouthful, but it’s the last part, pond skim, that all snow enthusiasts get super amped up about. But, a pond skim under cold temps or rainy weather is just an exercise in forced fun. But, a pond skim under sunny skies and 55 degree temps is an exercise in absolute fun.
Mammoth forecast for Sunday: mostly sunny, 55 degrees, and absolute fun.
Mammoth Mountain’s Canyon Lodge is the Cowboys Stadium of pond skims. The base lodge provides a massive crowd for all Bart Simpson look-at-me heros of the pond skim.
First time pond skimmer? Read my rookie report here on tips about what to do and what not to do…
Schedule for the afternoon:
• 11:00am: Pond Skim Registration (50 competitors max)
• 12:00pm: DJ Slip Matt kicks off the party!
• 2:00pm: Annual Pond Skim/ live music by “The Hallway Ballers”
• 4:00pm: Pond Skim Awards Ceremony
• 5-7pm: After Party featuring DJ Slip Matt
photo: Dan Hansen PR/Pond Skimmer