Mammoth Mountain’s company motto is to “Play Big,” and few sports embody that idea better than motocross.
Starting all the way back in 1968, Don Rake and some buddies decided to put on a motocross in Mammoth Lakes, California. They constructed a world-class track 8,000 feet up in the Sierra Nevada Mountain range. Mammoth founder Dave McCoy came along and offered the backing of his Mammoth Mountain Ski Area and the rest is history.
Each summer racers flocked to Mammoth for the oldest continuous running motocross event in the USA. The track seen few changes over the years, but the fun hasn’t!
For Summer 2010, Mammoth added the pre-qualifying series called The Monster Energy Road to Mammoth, where riders from all over the West battle it out at tracks from Arizona to California to qualify for the finals: The Monster Energy Mammoth Motocross.
The Monster Energy Mammoth Motocross isn’t just an event for professional riders, it’s an event for the entire family! With junior races at the track and parties/entertainment in the Village, this years event is not to be missed!
Visit: www.mammothmotocross.com for race schedules and more details! For more information on the “Monster Energy Road to Mammoth” series, please visit: www.2xpromotions.com
Thurs, June 17 – Sun, June 27 – Monster Energy Mammoth Motocross (races at the Track)
Saturday, June 19 – Vet Weekend “Moti Gras” Celebration
* The Village Plaza
* DJ Slipmatt kicks off the party
* Vet, Senior & Masters Awards Ceremony
* Team Associated RC car racing & demo
Thursday, June 24 – Meet Fly Racing & Friends (Emerald Room, The Village Lodge)
* Emerald Room, The Village Lodge
* A forum hosted by Fly Racing for riders & parents
* Product display and information
Thurs, June 24 – Fri, June 25 – DC Shoes Golf X & FMF Two Stroke Challenge
* Sierra Star Golf Course/Motocross Track
* Two man golf scramble at Sierra Star Golf Course on Thursday, June 24 followed by…
* Two Moto format race at the track on Friday, June 25 for an overall team score
* One of the two competing golfers must complete the motos the following day.
* All levels, 80 golfers, 40 racers, 2 Motos and 1 final score
Saturday, June 26 – Championship Weekend “Moti Gras” Celebration
* The Village Plaza
* DJ Slipmat kicks off the party with the Monster Energy sampling girls!
* 250 Junior, Intermediate & Pro Awards Ceremony
* Team Associated car racing & demo
* Annual Mini Pit Bike Race & Awards Ceremony
* Raffles and Giveaways
* Colorado Nationals live on the big screen at 8:00pm (11pm Eastern Time)
* After Party at Hyde Lounge from 9pm- drink specials, DJs and dancing until late!