For many aspiring pro skiers it’s a fine line between studying hard in school and spending lots of time on the slopes. Learning to find the balance is a difficult, but it’s possible with proper time management and scheduling. Whether it’s through online studies or taking the winter semesters off from university, skiers are now finding they don’t have to sacrific their degree in order to get their shred on.
Finally, at least one major ski company has realized the supreme juggling act these kids undertake, and have opened a contest to reward one college student who best exemplifies the study/ski balance.
4FRNT Skis will choose one college student to receive a full product sponsorship for the 2010-2011 ski season. This person will be selected based on a combination of academic performance, and skiing ability. Applicants will submit both a written academic application as well as a “sponsor me” video. Both will be weighted for 50% of your overall score.
* Must be enrolled for both Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 semesters (or all three quarters) at an accredited University, College, Junior College or Community College
* Must be a pass holder for the 2010-2011 season
* Must be willing to abide by all terms of the 4FRNT sponsorship agreement
1. What is your current major, and year in school?
2. How are your grades?
3. Describe your course of study, and what you are planning to do after school.
4. What makes you the best person to receive the 4FRNT Shreddership?
5. Are there any other extenuating circumstances that could influence our decision?
4FRNT requires a video showing only your tightest shots from the last season. Some important points when constructing your proposal are:
* A diverse showing is encouraged, not all park, not all big mountain.
* No repeat shots please.
* No super duper editing necessary.
* If you are riding on 4FRNT, your chances will be increased.
* Must be academically responsible.
The deadline to apply is September 15, 2010 and the winner will be announce on or before October 15, 2010.