American Airlines and Vail Resorts announced today they have partnered to offer exclusive deals to all Epic Pass, Epic 7-Pack and Summit Pass holders, as well as an exciting opportunity to win a truly epic ski prize. The deals, combined with a new sweepstakes from American, help showcase the perfect combination of unlimited skiing/riding, plus the extensive service operated by American and American Eagle to Vail, Denver and Reno airports.
Beginning December 2010 through April 2011, season-pass holders of Vail Resorts’ Epic Pass, Epic 7-Pack and Summit Pass can take advantage of the following deals:
* 20 percent off a new, individual American Airlines Admirals Club® one-year membership
* 10 percent off American Airlines flights to Vail (EGE), Denver (DEN) and Reno (RNO), purchased between Jan. 4-18, 2011, for travel between Jan. 18-Feb. 16, 2011
* Double AAdvantage® miles on flights to Vail, Denver and Reno, purchased between March 1-14, 2011, for travel between March 20-April 24, 2011
In addition, American has introduced a new sweepstakes to celebrate the upcoming ski season and its partnership with Vail Resorts. The “Make It Epic” sweepstakes, which is open to all customers (with no purchase required) from Oct. 11-Nov. 15, 2011, offers the following prizes:
* One Grand Prize, consisting of two Epic Passes; 500,000 AAdvantage miles (enough for the winner and a guest to visit all six Epic Pass mountains), five three-night hotel stays for two people; a one-year Admirals Club membership; free ski rentals; and ground transportation from the airports to the resorts.
* 10 first prizes, consisting of one Epic Pass and 25,000 AAdvantage miles.
To register for the sweepstakes, customers simply visit www.aa.com/epic
and fill out the online registration form to receive their entry. Customers can earn up to two extra entries by (1) purchasing a flight on AA.com to Vail, Denver or Reno by Nov. 15, 2010, for travel through April 2011, or (2) purchasing an Epic Pass by Nov. 15, 2010.
American and American Eagle offer convenient nonstop service to Vail/Eagle, Denver and Reno, which serve the six Epic mountains:
* Vail (EGE) – nonstop flights from Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), and New York (LGA)/(JFK),
* Denver (DEN) – nonstop flights from Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), and Miami (MIA)
* Reno (RNO) – nonstop flights from Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Forth (DFW), and Los Angeles (LAX)
“American offers great service to Denver and Reno and unmatched service to Vail. Plus, when customers book on our website they get the lowest price guarantee and the opportunity to earn AAdvantage miles on all products and services purchased on AA.com,” said Craig Kreeger, America’s Senior Vice President – Customer Experience. “This year, we’re pleased to join with Vail Resorts and not only offer their season-pass holders exclusive American Airlines deals, but also give everyone a chance to win some great ski prizes.”
“We’ve enjoyed a great partnership with American Airlines over the years and we’re excited to bring several exclusive offers to our season pass holders this season,” said Heidi Kercher-Pratt, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Vail Resorts. “Between discounts and Double AAdvantage miles on air travel into Denver, Vail/Eagle and Reno airports and our premier season pass product line-up that offers the best in skiing and riding, Vail Resorts and American Airlines together are offering the perfect opportunity to have an epic winter vacation at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Heavenly.”
Vail Resorts’ 2010-2011 ski season pass lineup – led by the unrivaled Epic Pass and boasting two new options this season – includes:
* The Epic Pass: Priced at $619 ($319 for children 5-12), this pass provides unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin and Heavenly. The Epic Pass offers the ultimate in freedom and flexibility at a price that harkens back to the 1960s.
* Epic 7-Pack: Priced at $469 ($229 for children 5-12), this pass is good at all six resorts and brings the daily ticket price down to $67 for adults.
* Summit Pass: Priced at $419 for adults ($329 for teens 13-18 and $219 for children 5-12), this pass offers unlimited, unrestricted access to Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin with an approximate 200-day season that traditionally runs from mid-October to July of the following year.
Visit www.epicpass.com to purchase an Epic Pass, Epic 7-Pack or Summit Pass. All passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.