“We are evolving here at Canyons away from acting like the typical ski resort,” states Todd Burnette, Vice President of Marketing, “and are becoming a true year round mountain destination. We believe the reasons why guests come to our mountains have evolved as well. So we created this position not only to give an insiders perspective to our resort and all of our new enhancements, but to also show others the diversity of what it means to mountain today and to motivate them to find out how to do it for themselves.”
“Anyone can apply, but we are looking for someone who will inspire others to embrace mountain life in a way that is real and honest yet entertaining. We also want this candidate to be able to have fun here because that is what coming here is all about and we have a lot of new features to show off, the first ever heated-seat lift in North America, new terrain and a Ski Beach.” So what exactly does come with this job?
A SEASON PASS TO CANYONS
SUPERIOR (SUITE) LODGING AT THE WALDORF ASTORIA
SALARY OF $40,000 FOR JUST FOUR MONTHS OF `HARD WORK`
USE OF CAMERA, VIDEO CAMERA AND LAPTOP
HEAD-TO-TOE SKI OR BOARD GEAR
CANYONS CLUB ACCESS
AIRFARE TO AND FROM CANYONS
SKI SCHOOL AND AVALANCHE TRAINING CLINICS
FIRST TRACKS AND HELI SKIING ACCESS
VIP CREDENTIALS FOR ALL CANYONS EVENTS
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
DO YOU MOUNTAIN IN A WAY THAT WILL INSPIRE OTHERS?
If so, we at Canyons want you to come work for us. Not only will we pay you a salary, but we’ll also put you up for free – at a suite in the Waldorf Astoria no less – and give you full VIP treatment including heli-skiing, avalanche training, spa treatments and full gear! Read on to learn how to apply.
ALL YOU DO:
• Blog about your activities at least 4 times per week with photos and video
• Attend Canyons events
• Participate in monthly Canyons activities
• Shadow shifts with various departments: Ski Patrol, Food and Beverage, Lift Operations, etc.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Application deadline: November 25, 2010
A 2-minute (or less) video addressing the following:
1. How do you mountain?
• Remember to refer back to our official definition of ‘to mountain’: “a widely applicable verb that encompasses both the physical and emotional pursuit; also deriving from a mountain’s symbolism as a goal or challenge.”
• Keep in mind this is all about you and your own special way to mountain; whether it’s on the slopes or off, we want to hear your story.
2. Why you’re the best fit for The Ultimate Mountain Gig.
• Keep in mind the ultimate goal and make sure you address both questions in your video submission.
• Go wild but stay true to yourself.
“The Ultimate Mountain Gig is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves the mountains to experience everything the resort has to offer while showing the rest of the world an insider’s perspective, specifically on the new improvements at the resort. We’re thrilled to embark on the most innovative state-of-the-art initiative of any resort in North America, while increasing efficiency on hill and the overall guest experience,” states Mike Goar, Managing Director of Canyons.
“We also hope that through this job search, the entries on HowDoYouMountain.com will become the foundation for a community of mountain aficionados,” says Burnette “a place for all to come to share their personal stories about what it means to mountain. Although we can only award one person the ‘Ultimate Mountain Gig,’ the rest of us are still achieving our mountains, so we will continue to remain dedicated to showcasing this.”