Consistently ranked as No. 1, Whistler Blackcomb tops mountain resort rankings once again this season. Whistler Blackcomb placed in the top three in six “overall” award categories including:
* No. 1 “Best Place to Ski & Stay in North America” – Condé Nast Traveler’s annual readers’ poll (fourth consecutive)
* No. 1 “Top Resort in North America” – FREESKIER Magazine (third consecutive)
* No. 1 “Top Ski Resort in North America” – Outside Magazine.
* No. 1 “Favorite Overall” – Onthesnow.com
* No. 1 “Ski runs & Lodges” – National Geographic – “10 Best Book”
Photo: Logan Swayze /Coast Photo
* No. 3 “Top Resort in North America” – Transworld Snowboard Magazine
* No. 3 “Top Ski Resort in North America – Ski Magazine
The annual magazine rankings rate resorts on a variety of set criteria, and Whistler Blackcomb consistently scores high in a variety of categories including terrain, snow quality, restaurants, lift capabilities, parks and pipes, snow school, lodging, amenities and much more. “Category” top three finishes for Whistler Blackcomb include:
Condé Nast Traveler Ski Magazine
-No. 1 “Après” -No. 1 Terrain
-No. 2 “Dining” -No. 1 “Après”
Outside Magazine Transworld Snowboarding
-No. 1 “Mega-Resort” -No. 1 Nightlife
-No. 1 Nightlife -No. 1 Lodging
-No. 2 Snowboarding -No. 2 “Vibe”
-No. 3 Spring Skiing -No. 2 Terrain
-No. 3 Scenery
In addition to these latest accolades the resort was recognized by Skiing Magazine as No. 1 for thirteen consecutive seasons until their final year of rankings last season.
“Whistler Blackcomb is honored be recognized as an industry leader once again.” says Dave Brownlie, president and chief operating officer at Whistler Blackcomb. “These rankings reflect the overwhelming dedication from our staff to deliver an incredible mountain resort experience to our guests. The beautiful alpine vistas, the seemingly endless terrain, our abundant snow are all great physical assets leveraged further by our staff who help create memories for guests again and again.”
Whistler Blackcomb has also been recognized as the No. 1 resort in the world for Facebook fans with over 56,000 fans, the largest and most interactive of any ski resort.