Wall heater kills man in ski chalet

Posted By: The Ski Channel on January 1, 2011 1:42 pm

Edward Lappen of Cohasset Massachusetts was killed yesterday when a propane wall heater leaked poisonous carbon monoxide into a ski chalet.  Nine people were staying at the chalet in Killington when the incident occured.

His wife was taken by helicopter to the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where she was listed in fair condition Friday afternoon. The seven others were treated at Rutland Regional Medical Center. A hospital spokesman would not say if they were released.

The heater has several leaks and the chalet has no carbon monaxxode detectors.

 

Comments