The Snow Show is coming! See below for some of the cool activities and events at this years SIA. Follow this link for a complete list of all the incredible things going on when the Snow Show takes over Denver.
From January 27-30 the 2011 SIA Snow Show will once again take over downtown Denver to celebrate the industry and deliver the hottest snow sports trends, innovations, educational seminars, product presentations, personalities, events, concerts, meetings, and parties. With a sold out Show, a surge in registration (up 5% in shops), over 110 new exhibitors, 3,120 booths and 893 brands – the 2011 SIA Snow Show is THE Show for the snow sports industry. After the Show, the industry heads up to the mountains for the first international On-Snow Demo/Ski-Ride Fest (January 31- February 1) at Winter Park Resort and Devil’s Thumb Ranch.
SIA SNOW SHOW
Thursday, January 27 9A-6P
Friday, January 28 9A-6P
Saturday, January 29 9A-6P
Sunday, January 30 9A-1P
The Ski Channel Film Festival: Downtown Denver and the SIA Snow Show will provide the backdrop for the annual Ski Channel Film Festival on Jan 27-29 at the Colorado Convention Center. Between 50 and 100 top films will be showcased from within categories dedicated to ski, snowboard, mountain sports, resort films and trailers. The 3-day long event will also play host to discussion panels with topics such as film sponsorship, filmmaking and equipment. Check out the Film schedule here. All SIA credentialed attendees can attend the festival at no charge. Purchase tickets.
- Snow Fashion & Trends Event: This year, SIA is reinventing the runway with a new venue and time. Thirty-nine brands are participating in this event that highlights the latest in winter for; ski, snowboard, freeride, kids and après in the Korbel Ballroom, transformed into an icy, white space. Trends and style become the focus as the industry and media enjoy cocktails, sounds and participate in the interactive art project, while networking with their industry peers. Click here to learn more.
When: Thursday, January 27, Doors Open at 6P, Show begins at 6:30P
Where: Korbel Ballroom, Colorado Convention Center
- RAMP IT UP, fundraiser for OIWC serves as the grand finale to the Fashion & Trends Event; starring notable industry veterans (all men) strutting their stuff in feminine, yet technical women’s winter fashions. A total of 80 men including David Ingemie, SIA President, Mike Carey, CEO & Co-President, Seirus, George Curleigh, National Sales Manager, Arc’teryx and more will hit the runway before the evening is over.
- The INNOVATIONS, NOW exhibit highlighting, next season’s latest innovations and hottest snow sports trends from 133 brands, is located in the Show’s registration area. Before you head to the Show, be sure to check out the INNOVATIONS, NOW Sneak Peak section on our website to get a glimpse of what some of the exhibitors style and product innovations.
- Backshop + Rental + Uniform Exhibit: A combined exhibit focusing on the specialty backshop and rental shop. This exhibit (booth 4677) helps educate buyers on the “how to” for tools and products featuring products to make your customers’ experience in the shop and one the hill a great one. On Friday, January 28, be sure to take part in the Rental Roundtable at 1P, moderated by SAM Editor Rick Kahl and the Backshop + Rental + Uniform Reception sponsored by SAM, AIA and Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month, with a special guest appearance by LSSM spokesperson, Glen Plake.
- RECLAIM Project: A unique design contest cultivating emerging new talent while encouraging environmental awareness. Three hand-picked outerwear designers from across the country compete, by producing an original garment created from “Reclaimed” left-over materials and trims. The three designers are:
Thursday, January 27-Saturday, January 29: Competition – Atrium
Friday & Saturday: Voting
Saturday, January 29 at 5P: Awards – RECLAIM Project Champion
Ice Hockey Shootout Benefit for SOS Outreach: Never Summer, 686, Candy Grind, PBR, and Monster are proud to announce the second annual SIA/SOS shootout, Wednesday, January 27 at the Foothills Ice Arena. The competitive hockey game, benefiting SOS outreach, features snow sports industry heads from the U.S and Canada, Scott Parker (Colorado Avalanche) and Derek Armstrong (LA Kings Alumni) all ready to square off before the Show. Players, email Gags@neversummer.com to get on the roster. First come first serve. Spectators, get ready to watch a rumble and have some PBR’s and Monster for a great cause.