You are welcome to one of the finest Heli skiing experiences of any where in the World! Chilean Heliski.
Chilean Heli Ski is born from the love of skiing and a romance of adventures discovering the last unexplored mountain range on earth. A lifelong passion for undiscovered mountain wilderness has led us to one of natures last hidden wonders. A previously undiscovered jewel deep in the central Andes mountains of Chile.
An area offering truly exceptional Heli skiing terrain and experiences. Containing the largest permanent Glaciers north of the Patagonia. Harboring magnificent mountain summits of over 5000m, skirted by vast aprons and jagged spires of grey & red granite. Holding over 50 permanent ice fields with stunning azul & mint hued seracs.
Here you are invited to explore and ski for the very first time, literally countless long ski descents averaging between 1200-1300 vertical meters per run, blanketed in deep, dry, legendary Chilean Champagne powder!
Chilean Heli Ski is proud to open a new world of magnificent mountains, glaciers and exceptional virgin wilderness to skiers from around the world.
Come share the passion of a life long romance with nature and her newly discovered treasures. Be among the first to ski & discover what just might be the last virgin mountain range in the world!
Chilean Heli Ski is founded by a group of passionate, life long skiers who share a vision and deep love for nature, the mountains and the joy of skiing with friends.
We have come together as skiers and friends from 3 different continents, to form Chilean Heli Ski and Puma Lodge and to shape it into the finest of Heli Ski operations available any where in the world.
Our Chilean founding members have long standing connections with skiing and it’s history in Chile. Being some of the first families to invest and build at the ski resorts in the country and having maintained passionate ties with the international skiing community, since the first FIS Alpine World Championships, held in 1966 at Portillo.
From the Northern Hemisphere, a life long, passionate skier, created his ties with Chile in the late 1970’s arriving from his home in the Canadian Rockies to first compete at international Alpine competitions. Discovering the warmth and magic of the Andes and absorbed by a deeper love for big mountain’s and mountaineering alpine style adventure, he has been instrumental in founding Chilean Heli Ski and Puma Lodge.
Our other founding member comes from as far away as Europe. Where the passion and bonds with Chile and the magic of the Andes continues to spread.
Since the inception of Chilean Heli Ski and Puma Lodge, skiers from Dubai to Australia, Russia to Brazil, have come to experience the treasures we have discovered here.
Our Founders and all of our team feel very privileged to create, present and share with all skiers, this beautiful wilderness and the wonderful experiences awaiting at Chilean Heli Ski!
- + Founder: Mark H Jones
Mark H. Jones – Master skier
- Level lV Senior Examiner Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance
- Level lV Senior Examiner Canadian Ski Coaches Federation.
- Level III Instructor Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors
- FFS National Ski Instructor Premier Degree France
- International Ski Instructor Alliance
- Canadian Avalanche Association Certificate
- Canadian Avalanche Course Conductor
- Swiss certified Ski Patrol
- Swiss Avalanche Search & Rescue Certificate
- UIAGM/IFMGA/IVBV International Mountain Guide Course Conductor
- British Mountain Guide Association Course Conductor
- International Heli Ski Guide, Canada, Chile, Switzerland, Austria, Italy,
Past experiences include:
- Ski Patrol Switzerland, Glacier Les Diablerets, Avalanche forecasting and stabilization. Victim search, rescue & extraction.
- Stunt skier with Warren Miller and Dick Barrymore ski film productions, Disney world film productions
- World Record Holder for Vertical Endurance Skiing
- 10th in the World Speed Skiing Production Class
- Numerous first descents in the Central Andes
- Professional Product Tester/Technical Advisor
- - Founder: Pablo Mir Balmaceda
- - Founder: Alberto Pirola
- - Founder: Simon Turner
- - Pilot: Eric Weisser
- Please visit their website for complete information on rates, availability, photo galleries and more at Chlieanheliski.com
- photo: chileanheliski.com