Embrace some of the country’s top spring snow conditions with the launch of Spring Fever in Breckenridge, Colo. April 1-24, 2011. The month-long festival features free and low-cost events, a perfect compliment to deeply discounted lodging packages, which run about $120 per person, per night, including lift tickets.
Breckenridge’s high mountain location – the resort is home to North America’s highest chairlift, the Imperial Express at 12,840 feet – makes for outstanding snow conditions and one of the longest seasons in North America. Visit GoBreck.com for details and a complete schedule of Spring Fever activities including family fun, late-night entertainment, sports competitions, art walks, concerts and more.
Sports Events and Competitions
· “5 ‘Til 5″ Terrain Park Happy Hours (Thursdays): Calling all park hounds! The 5 Chair Lift, along with both Freeway and Park Lane, stay open one hour later with free comps, prizes, music and food.
· Ski Touring for Snow Leopards (April 2): Ascend a marked route up Peak 10 and ski down a run of your choice to raise money for snow leopards.
· Breck Ascent Series (April 6 & 20): Use any kind of way to race up the mountain, but skis or a snowboard are required to come back down.
· The 5 Peaks (April 9): T5P is North America’s longest ski mountaineering race with 10,000 feet of vertical and five ascents in the Tenmile Range.
· Imperial Challenge (April 16): Get ready for Breckenridge’s notorious spring triathlon: bike, climb and ski or snowboard.
Live Music, Arts and Entertainment
· Spring Fever Concert Series by Bud Light (throughout April): The Wailers, Ozomatli, the Flobots, moe. and more perform free shows at the base of Peak 8.
· Retro Fever Live Music and Costume Contests (throughout April): Wrap the day with free, family-friendly concerts and come dressed to the theme for a chance to win big.
· Après Ski and Late-Night (throughout April): From Epic Mixers at the TBar to nightly live music at Three20South, Breck’s bars jump all month long.
· Backstage Bash (April 1): Community celebrities hit the stage in an over-the-top night of variety entertainment. Tickets include reception, show and after party.
· Second Saturday (April 9): This monthly gallery walk is a nod to the First Fridays of the great art cities of the United States.
· Kids’ Crafts at AllenellA (throughout April): Breck’s newest boutique offers free and low-cost craft sessions for kids and kids at heart.
· Mountaintop Children’s Museum (throughout April): This hands-on museum offers exhibits for kids of various ages.
· Ripperoo’s Mascot Olympics (April 23): Head to the base of Peak 8 for a zany snow competition among mascots.
· Two-Day Easter Egg Hunt (April 23-24): The entire family can search on the mountain and throughout town for one of the largest egg hunts around.
Dining & Shopping
· Dine for $18.59 (throughout April): Breckenridge restaurants feature special menu items for $18.59 in celebration of the town’s founding year.
· Breckenridge Beer Festival by KSMT (April 9): The popular annual festival features over 20 breweries from around the country, plus live performances by three bands.
· Fever-Que (April 2): Bring the kids for a sunny afternoon in the Blue River Plaza, complete with a fundraiser barbeque, beer, a DJ and a live band following.
· Ultimate Après Ski Bar Crawl (April 16): Visit some of Breck’s most notorious watering holes for a night on the town with drink specials and more. 21+
· Spring Fever Coupon Book (throughout April): Pick up a free coupon book from the Breckenridge Welcome Center for over $400 in savings.
· Sidewalk Sale (April 8-10): Some 70 downtown merchants will make way for summer by selling winter merchandise at deep discounts.
Breckenridge Central Reservations is offering $100 cash to anyone who books a 4-night stay or longer for travel anytime between March 25 and April 24. The $100 special can be combined with other offers; you’ll get cash and save over 25%, which means you’ll pay about $120 per person, per night and that includes lift tickets. With an array of winter activities, independent restaurants and locally-owned boutiques, Breckenridge offers plenty of ways to play with $100 cash. Call 877.593.5260 for lodging package info and reservations.