As March madness begins and millions have filled out their brackets and have basketball fever, Brian Head Resort in Utah is having a 2 on 2 basketball tournament. Rules and schedule below. There is still plenty of skiing to be had at Brian Head this spring. Get up there and ski or snowboard in beautiful southern Utah. Sky West has started servicing a flight from LAX to St. George, which is only 90 minutes from Brian Head.
Elite 8: March 19, 2011
Final 4: March 26, 2011
Finals: April 2, 2011
All games will be played on the snow! Stay and watch the NCAA Tourney on the BIG SCREEN at our Giant Steps Lodge Chair 9 Bar & Grill.
1. Teams of 2, any gender
2. Played on half court on the snow with two 5 minute halves, 1 minute between halves
3. Court dimension: 35’ length, 40’ width, with 3 pt arc, free throw line is 10’ to backboard, hoop height is 8’
4. Three step rule in lieu of dribbling. That is, a player can take a max of 3 steps before they have to stop, shoot or pass.
5. No time violations
6. This is a gentlemen’s game, players should police own personal fouls, ref will call only flagrant fouls
7. 1st round of 8 teams play on 3/19, final four play on 3/26, finals on 4/2
8. No registration fee
9. Limited to 8 teams, first come
1. T-shirts for each player
2. Season passes for winning team