Well the snow just keeps falling in Aspen/Snowmass. Already a winter to remember, they received 15 inches in the last 24 hours and the skiing and snowboarding couldn’t be better.
To make things even better, starting on April 11th, lift tickets will be lowered to $49 and lodging deals can be struck as low as $40 a night?! Woo hoo!
Did i mention that Aspen Snowmass has the lifts running til 6:30. Awesome……
Photos: Jeremy Swanson
Don’t miss out on the upcoming 4th annual Schneetag event (pronounced Sch-knee Tog) on Sunday, April 10th. Teams of four are invited to create a craft that they will pilot down a slope by Bonnie’s restaurant on Aspen Mountain and attempt to float across a 40×20 foot pond. (See image attached from last year’s event). Every team has a theme and will perform a skit before they descend. This event is just as ridiculous and entertaining as it sounds. Top prize is a trip to the Summer X Games in Los Angeles.
Check out these other events to keep you entertained for spring at Aspen…
Live music, on-mountain competitions, a pond skim and spring parties will add plenty of entertainment to the spring experience at Aspen Highlands.
Saturday, April 16
- Freestyle Saturday, 1 p.m. – A bumps and jumps course will be built above the Merry-Go-Round as skiers and riders fight to win the prize purse of $500 in old school throw down.
- Double Diamond Band plays at the Merry-Go-Round at 2 p.m.
- Experience Sunset Skiing as the lifts run until 6:30 p.m. Highland Bowl will be open until 5 p.m.
Sunday, April 17
- The Highlands will play at the Merry-Go-Round at 12 p.m.
Saturday, April 23
- The Great Divide Band to play at Merry-Go-Round at 12 p.m.
- Big Air Saturday, 3 p.m. – Athletes are invited to show off their skills on a big air jump and compete for $500 at the base of Thunderbowl.
Sunday, April 24
- Slightly White to play at the Merry-Go-Round at 12 p.m.
Pond Skim – Weekend of April 23-24
- There will be a pond skim either April 23 or 24 conditions permitting.