When you think of Deer Valley in Utah you automatically think of some of the best skiing conditions in the country. Something you may not immediately think of and you should is their pastry, specifically their wedding cakes.
Deer Valley Resort is known for their pastries and their pastry chefs. They even offer Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Externships. The next of which are running from December 2011 through April 2012. The Externships are designed around classic, consistent, quality from a winning team. For any one of those opportunities you can contact Lisa Angotti, Recruiting and Internship Coordinator at 435-615-6137.
Deer Valley’s Silver Lake Executive Chef, Clark Norris was the first Utah chef invited to the prestigious James Beard House. Norris was also the inaugural recipient of Salt Lake magazine’s annual Best Chef Award in 2006. Salt Lake magazine has also honored Deer Valley Resort Director of Food and Beverage, Julie Wilson in 2008 with the Lifetime Achievement Award. So as you can see, if you want a good pastry especially an amazing wedding cake, you really should contact Deer Valley.
All of Deer Valley’s wedding cakes are made with the freshest, ingredients and as much mountain love as they can hold. Only unsalted sweet butter cream is used and there is also no shortening, in their cakes, fillings, or frostings. The cake team (not to be confused with the Cake Boss) make cakes not solely for weddings at Deer Valley. You can still get one of their superior cakes (like the skiing couple wedding cake pictured above) without getting married at the resort.
For your convenience, here is a list of some of the wedding cake options they have. However, don’t feel pressured to choose only from this list because they can mix, match and make almost anything:
- Triple Lemon Cake – lemon cake with lemon cream filling and lemon buttercream
- Buttermilk Spice Cake with vanilla custard
filling and apple-brandy-scented buttercream
- Deer Valley Carrot Cake with cream cheese filling and orange buttercream
- Chocolate Cake with raspberry cream filling and white chocolate buttercream
- “Traditional” Ivory Cake with vanilla filling and pure vanilla buttercream
- Macadamia Nut Cake with rum nut filling and rum buttercream
- Banana Pecan Cake with chocolate chunks and praline filling with Amaretto buttercream
- Tiramisu – chocolate sponge cake with an espresso, mascarpone cream filling and a hint of rum buttercream
- Key Lime Cake – lime chiffon cake with key lime custard and key lime-white chocolate buttercream
It’s time to put your order in! Contact Snow Park Bakery at 435-645-6623.