Searching for the perfect Father’s Day adventure?
Hoping to find a special way to spend it outdoors, but not quite sure where to go?
Don’t worry! We have crafted a list of a number of fun activities to do with the family!
1. Lace up your hiking boots, grab a snack or two, and venture to one of Tripleblaze‘s best, most popularly ranked hiking trails in the United States. First on the list is Raven Cliff Falls Hiking Trail in White County, Georgia. This trail is beautifully dominated by hardwood trees, and features a grand waterfall. Trout fishing abounds here, which may also be a fun activity to do with dad. Second on the list is Palmer Park Hiking Trail in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Palmer Park provides great hiking trails for all skill levels, as well as great views of the city. Chantry Flats, in Arcadia, California, ranks number three on the list, due to its lush, green scenery and sparkling river and creek water, which all visitors thoroughly have enjoyed. Grand Canyon, North Rim, in Fredonia, Arizona places fourth on the Tripleblazer’s list. This trail is home to alpine meadows, spruce trees, and an abundance of wildlife. Fifth on the list is Daniel Boone ScoutTrail, located in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. Unique, as compared to the other hiking trails, towards the top of Daniel Boone Scout Trail, you will find ropes and ladders, which you may climb to reach the summit. Hoping to find other trails that are closer to your home? Check out Tripleblazer’s website.
2. Looking for more of a fun guided hiking trip? Callahan’s Adventure Tour Company provides several fun-filled activities to do with dad in the Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley Areas. This year Santa Barbara Adventure Tours is also offering a special father / son day hike to the Gaviota Wind Caves in Gaviota, CA. Munch on provided lunches, while looking at great views of the ocean and caves.
3. Visit Snowmass, Colorado this Father’s Day and experience the rush of mountainboarding. Lessons and rentals are offered for all levels! Snowmass also provides a number of fun activities to do with dad including ziplining, paintballing, fishing, golfing, hiking, biking, jeeping, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, swimming, and more.
4. Don’t miss out on Father’s Day in Mammoth Mountain, CA. Mammoth is located in a fine scenic location, and provides a place for recreational and outdoor activities. Treat dad to a nice hike, fishing trip, horseback ride, or bike ride excursion within the mountains.
5. Celebrate Father’s Day at Blue Mountain’s Annual Father’s Day Picnic in Palmerton, Pennsylvania. There will be food, beer, crafts, lift rides, and live entertainment for the whole family to enjoy! There will also be face painting, airbrush tattoos, sack races, and more!
6. Treat dad to a fun-filled day at Snowbird Ski Resort in Utah. Snowbird has planned an action-packed weekend filled with special events, such as skiing, enjoying BBQ and beer, listening to live entertainment, and more.
7. Travel to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming to experience Teton Village Father’s Day Celebration. Take part in the annual treasure hunt, art workshop, and tram rides. In addition, make sure to check out JH Paragliding ‘s Annual Aerofest, located close by.
8. Visit Crystal Mountain in the Cascade Range of Washington state. This Sunday, treat dad to a fun day of hiking, biking, disc golf, as well as a nice Father’s Day brunch, including omelets, waffles, potatoes, sausage, fruit, and more.
9. Celebrate Father’s Day at Vail Ski Resort. Play a round of golf and after meet the author of the celebrated new book from Rodale Books.
10. This Sunday at 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM Pringle Nature Center, located in Bristol, Wisconsin, is hosting a Father’s Day hike and bonfire. Celebrate Father’s Day, as well as the Summer Solstice. This is a great opportunity to learn how cultures around the world celebrate the solstice, while having fun!
Happy Father’s Day! Enjoy choosing your special Father’s Day adventure!