Jackson Hole, WY – The leading mountain-inspired lifestyle apparel brand, Mountain Khakis®, announced their Outdoor Retailer Summer Market fundraiser, Drop Your Pants for Charity and the Howl at the Moon Best Bum Contest this August 5, 2011 in Salt Lake City at the Outdoor Retailer Trade Show.
Mountain Khakis will be at Booth #36182. They are partnered with Z2 Marketing and the Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition (OIWC) in the non-profit fundraiser, Drop Your Pants for Charity and the Howl at the Moon Best Bum Contest.
“When MK and Z2 approached us with the idea, we loved it,” said Hillary Harding, Development Director for the OIWC. “OIWC is a professional organization that provides education and resources for women at all levels. That said, we have not shied away from events that challenge taboos, like Ramp it Up, or our upcoming ad campaign. Drop Your Pants for Charity will be a fun and playful way to educate more Outdoor Industry folks on OIWC’s presence and purpose, and to do some fundraising.”
So how can you take part? Well here’s the four steps on how:
1. On Friday, August 5th, donate $20 to the OIWC and get a $75 gift card for MK. OIWC volunteers will be on hand to accept donations, educate folks on the OIWC, and share in the good times.
2. Enter Howl at the Moon for a chance to win a $150 MK gift card… have a picture snapped of your moon (full or partial nudity, full or partial-clothing), and we’ll upload it the Howl at the Moon photo gallery at www.mountainkhakis.com/howl
3. Non-OR-attending folks can also enter and vote at www.mountainkhakis.com/howl (starting August 5th)
4. On August 22nd, the bum with the most votes will receive a $150 gift card from MK
According to Jen Taylor, Director of Creative Development for Mountain Khakis, “We like zany ideas that mobilize people around a good cause. We chose the OIWC as this promotion’s beneficiary primarily because MK is a corporate member, and the women and men of MK are individual members – we support their mission. But it also aligns with the exciting launch of our new S12 Women’s collection, and our commitment to the Women’s category.”
“As a member and volunteer of the OIWC for several years, I loved this idea,” stated Dawn Finnegan, Vice-President of Client Services for Z2 Marketing. “In partnering with Jen and the Mountain Khakis’ team on this OR promotion, our Z2 team is having a lot of fun with the creativity and playfulness. All the while we’re proud to support the OIWC.”
· To participate in Drop Your Pants for Charity and/or Howl at the Moon, swing by MK Booth #36182 Friday, August 5th
· The fun continues after OR… through August 21st, upload your pic and vote at www.mountainkhakis.com/howl