Truckee, CA — The CR Johnson Healing Center and the High Fives Non-Profit Foundation present the CR Johnson Birthday Rafting Trip Wednesday, August 10, 2011.
Local professional skier CR Johnson was born on August 10, 1983 and enjoyed an amazing career in the freeskiing community until his passing on February 24, 2010. His outstanding energy led to a legacy of positivity and a sense of community that is embodied in the CR Johnson Healing Center.
The High Fives Non-Profit Foundation has partnered with the Johnson family to carry on CR Johnson’s legacy through a scholarship dedicated to aiding injured athletes in their recovery. The CR Johnson Healing Center provides resources for athletes in recovery from sport related injuries and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Resources include: physical therapy, acupuncture, massage and more.
The day will begin at the IRIE Rafting Co. headquarters located at 8:30AM at: 11253 Brockway Rd. Suite #103, Truckee, CA 96160. It will then conclude in the afternoon at the CR Johnson Healing Center at: 10775 Pioneer Tr. Suite #108, Truckee, CA.There will be a limited edition CR Johnson t-shirt, rafting along the Truckee River (Boca to Floriston, CA), catered lunch from Full Belly Deli (Truckee, CA) and a soft opening viewing of the CR Johnson Healing Center will be included.
· Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2011
· Time: 8:30am – 6pm
· Location: IRIE Rafting Co. and The CR Johnson Healing Center
· Cost: $50 (available through http://www.crjohnson.org/rafting.html, at the office or day of the event)
· Proceeds to benefit the CR Johnson Memorial Fund
· Includes: CR t-shirt, rafting with IRIE Rafting Co. on the Truckee River, catered lunch by Full Belly Deli and viewing of CR Johnson Healing Center