This season’s sales are up again for Chaos Headwear and Chaos Thermal Regulation. Nationwide grassroots programs prove to be a large part of the solution. With Chris Anthony as the spokesperson, a new pro-snow team, and twelve event programs, Chaos Headwear is positioned for a year of great snow and warmer heads.
Chris Anthony is the official headwear spokesperson; with over 60 events for Warren Miller Films, he hosts world-wide extreme ski terrain trips, and leads the Youth Marketing Initiative LLC for programs seeking financial assistance and exposure. The Chaos snow team includes five members. Chloe Banning and Colin Spencer in Snowboard and Penn Lukens in Skier Cross/Freeski are all apart of the NEW PRO Team this year.
The twelve events nationwide allow the brand to be invested locally and build deeper retail relations regionally. The events focus on all snow sports including, downhill skiing, snowboarding, tele-mark, with snow camps for kids, and youth initiative programs. These Partnerships are far reaching and contribute to Iraq and Afghanistan Vail veteran ski programs — to year-round outreach groups that teach outdoor sports to kids with less- advantages. Below are all the programs in detail.
The events that CHAOS are hosting are as follows:
1. The SOS Outreach engages youth through outdoor adventure education programs. The organization pairs students with adult mentors for outdoor sports such as snowboarding and rock climbing. These mentors guide participants through a core value-based curriculum. To find out more about this astounding program visit their website: sosoutreach.org
2. The Outdoor Outreach mission is to empower at-risk and under privileged youth to make positive lasting changes in their lives through comprehensive outdoor programming. Outdoor Outreach uses activities to provide youth with the support, resources and opportunities they need to become successful adults. To find out more about this inspiring program visit their website: outdooroutreach.org
3. Big City Mountaineers combines elements of mentoring programs with an outdoor wilderness expedition designed specifically for under-resourced urban youth. They believe that “enhancing the lives of under-resourced urban teens through transformative outdoor experiences” is their goal and mission. The core BCM program is a week long expedition at the center of which is a five-day wilderness backpacking or canoe expedition in which adults and teens work together. To find out more about this incredible program visit their website: bigcitymountaineers.org
4. Protect Our Winters is the environmental center point of the winter sports community, united towards a common goal of reducing climate changes effects on our sport and local mountain communities. POW believes that to really effect things, consumer behavior needs to change and that the power of an actively participating and united community can have a direct influence on climate change, now and for generations behind us. To find out more about this remarkable program visit their website: protectourwinters.org
5. For over sixty years, Warren Miller Entertainment has ventured to the planet’s extremes, capturing the world’s greatest athletes, as they push the limits of human ability. The impact of the Warren Miller brand has spanned generations, influenced lifestyles, and created a worldwide following like no other. Over the past seven years, Warren Miller Entertainment has expanded their production group concentrating on the creation of original motion content for broadcast and broadband. To find out more about this remarkable program visit their website: skinet.com/warrenmiller/
6. Vail Valley Foundation’s most memorable work is what they do is in supporting literacy programs and higher education scholarships. They are hosting Birds of Prey and the American Ski Classic.
7. The American Ski Classic- brings skiing legends, sports, entertainment and fundraising to the sunny slopes of Vail each March. To find out more about this unbelievable program visit their website: vvf.org
8. Chaos is the official beanie for Windell’s for the fifth year. The Windell Camp is the premier training ground camp for the world’s best athletes in snowboarding, freeskiing, skateboard and BMX. Check out Windell.com.
9. US TeleMark World Cup is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote Telemark skiing through educational clinics and sanctioned racing competitions. Chaos is the official World Cup headwear sponsor for 2010. For more informationn check out ustsa.org
10. The OIWC is a non-profit association organized for the purpose of equipping women to reach their professional success in the outdoor industries via educational programming, networking and mentoring. OIWC acts as a vehicle to promote the views and interests of women engaged in or impassioned by the outdoor, snow sports, action sports, and bicycling industries. OIWC invites all women to become members and to lead our industries to positive solutions in business, social and environmental issues. For more information go to their website: www.oiwc.org
11. American Foundation for Children with Aids is a non-profit organization that helps HIV+ children, their guardians and HIV+ pregnant women in sub-Saharan Africa who have no other access to aid. AFCA provides critical AIDS and related medications, medical equipment and supplies, nutritional supplements, and emergency supplies that are requested by the institutions in our targeted areas. Currently, AFCA is working in Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Check out more on this amazing organization: helpchildrenwithaids.org.