Attention Filmmakers: X-Dance will take place in both Park City and Salt Lake City in January 2012. The opportunities surrounding this year’s festival will be huge and there will be immense attention from the industry and media. As a result, 2012 will be a great year to participate as a filmmaker, athlete, and attendee. The extended deadline is December 1st, so put on the finishing touches and hit send ASAP!
X-Dance truly believes that the filmmakers in action sports are the most cutting-edge in all of the entertainment industry. X-Dance received hundreds of entries from all over the world, with only 35 of the top films making the competition last year. Half of the submissions were from outside the U.S., which makes X-Dance truly an international festival. The quality and competition should be just as incredible this year.
What’s different about X-Dance 2012?
- X-Dance is merging with a new Media and Network Group, EnergyX: A new media company is being formed to expand the reach of Action Sports Films and brands into Asia and Europe, via Satellite and Facebook partnerships.
- X-Dance Hollywood Film Screening Series: Nominated and winning films will have the opportunity to be screened individually in the monthly screening series at the Red Bull Headquarters in Santa Monica, California. The media and action sports industry heavily cover these SRO screenings.
- Expanded Festival competition categories: This year they are teaming up with new Mega partnerships to help market your films on a global viral platform. The new categories will be for trailers, film segments and short POV films. This will increase the amount of marketing content and traffic on our web and social networking sites that will be available virally.
Submit your film now and make plans to attend!
All entries must go through the X-Dance website (www.x-dance.com)
- You must pay entry fees directly online. Everything you need to know is on the site, including contact info if you have any other questions.
- Fill out the online form AND print out a hard copy to send in with your DVD copies. You must complete both.
- We are requiring attendance by either the filmmaker or some other representatives (athlete, producer, etc…) that were directly involved in the making of the film. This will make a huge difference for you, your film and X-Dance.
Be a part of X-Dance, the greatest Action Sports Film Festival on the planet!