Blackcomb Mountain’s operations have been extended to May 28 thanks to the 136 inch snow base. In what seemed to be a shallow snowfall season for most resorts, Whistler Blackcomb accumulated 446 inches of total snow, making for incredible skiing and riding conditions! Blackcomb’s extension allows for more than 60 days of open skiing, one of the longest seasons in North America. Whistler, however, will be staying open until April 22.
Doug MacFarlane, Whistler Blackcomb mountain operations manager, says that spring can wait a little longer thanks to the fantastic winter season. “We’ve received over 342 cm. (135 in.) of snowfall so far in March alone, making for some of the best spring conditions we’ve ever had. Extending the ski season on Blackcomb and giving the people what they want was and easy decision.”
Whistler Blackcomb is providing deals for their residents and are able to host a couple fantastic events during the spring season thanks to the wonderful winter:
- Ski and Stay packages are available from $132 CDN per person, per night through April 22.
- 2012.2013 Season Pass and EDGE Cards on sale as of March 29, 2012 at the guaranteed lowest prices.
- TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival Lift and Lodging packages available from $79 per person, per night.
- The TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival takes place April 13-22.
- World Skiing Invitational takes place April 19 through April 22 with the Superpipe finals taking place on Sunday, April 22. Watch future Olympians compete.
For more information about Whistler Blackcomb, additional events and up to the minute conditions visit whistlerblackcomb.com.