Nearly 150 inches of snow fell at Lake Tahoe during the month of March. To celebrate Mother Nature’s generosity, Vail Resorts, Inc. is announcing that, effective today, anyone who purchases or has purchased a 2012-13 Epic Pass, Epic 7-Day, Tahoe Value Pass or the new Tahoe Local Pass in full can enjoy free access to Heavenly Mountain Resort, Northstar California Resort and Kirkwood Mountain Resort for the rest of the spring season.
“What better way to celebrate one of the snowiest Marches on record than providing free skiing and snowboarding at the three best resorts at Lake Tahoe,” said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. “The snow keeps falling and we keep adding extra benefits for our loyal pass holders. You can now ski or ride the full value of next season’s pass this spring.”
On sale since mid-March and featuring the best prices in the industry, the Epic Pass, Tahoe Local Pass and Tahoe Value Pass give pass holders access to more than 10,000 total skiable acres between Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood, marking the most combined terrain in Tahoe.
“Each of our Tahoe resorts offers a different type of skiing and riding experience and now skiers and snowboarders can have it all on one pass from Heavenly’s breathtaking scenery and Northstar’s award-winning terrain parks to Kirkwood’s high alpine steep terrain,” Lynch said. “And with the extended seasons at Heavenly and Kirkwood, our passes clearly represent the region’s best value.”
Heavenly was originally slated to close April 15, 2012, but will open two additional weekends, April 20-22 and April 27-29. Kirkwood is scheduled to close on April 22, 2012, but will continue on a Friday-through-Sunday spring operating schedule as long as weather and snow conditions allow.
Skiers and riders who purchase the Tahoe Value Pass or the new Tahoe Local Pass before April 15, 2012 will receive an added benefit of six buddy tickets for family and friends next ski season, and anyone who purchases their pass this spring will also receive special benefits for summer 2012, including access for sightseeing and gondola rides.
All season pass holders receive exclusive offers and promotions on lodging, dining, ski rentals, equipment, ski school and special events for the 2012-2013 ski and snowboard season.
Prices listed below are only guaranteed through April 15, 2012, and Vail Resorts is giving guests the option to lock in these prices now with a $49 down-payment, with the remainder of the balance due in mid-September 2012. Pass holders must pay in full to receive free skiing at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood this spring.
• New for 2012-2013, the Tahoe Local Pass™ offers skiing and riding seven days a week to Heavenly, Northstar, and Kirkwood resorts for $419. The Tahoe Local Pass includes access on Saturdays at all three Tahoe resorts with limited holiday restrictions and $50 pass holder tickets available for purchase during blackout dates. Priced $80 less than last year’s comparable Epic Local Pass, the Tahoe Local Pass pays for itself in just over four days.
• The Tahoe Value Pass™, available for $379, includes skiing or riding seven days a week at Heavenly and skiing or riding at Northstar and Kirkwood on Sunday-Friday, with all Saturdays blacked out. Holiday restrictions apply, but pass holders can purchase a $50 ticket to any of the three resorts on restricted dates. In less than four days of skiing or riding, the Tahoe Value Pass pays for itself.
• A Kirkwood-only pass will also be announced at a later date.
• The Epic Pass™, the best season pass deal in the ski industry, offers unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood and Arapahoe Basin for $659. The Epic Pass pays for itself in less than six days on the mountain.
• Epic 7-Day™ pays for itself in less than five days and is ideal for people who don’t plan to ski more than seven days. The Epic 7-Day gives skiers and snowboarders a total of seven unrestricted days of skiing at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, and Northstar, plus Arapahoe Basin anytime during the season for a price of $509.