Professional skier Jon Olsson loves traveling at high speeds on and off the slopes. To satisfy his high performance lifestyle, the alpine and freestyle skier indulges in custom automobiles to get him to and from mountain side competitions. Jon has built up quite the roster of speed machines in his garage. His most recent addition, the Audi R8 Razor GTR joins the ranks of his Rebellion R1k Ultima GTR and a Lamborghini Gallardo.
To ensure his latest whip was equipped to handle his extreme lifestyle, Olsson took his new Audi to PPI Automotive Design GmbH in Stuttgart Germany. PPI is the exclusive tuner of Audi Automobiles and took the stock R8 and transformed it into a unique, high performance, snow eating machine.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 600 gram heave weave Carbon Fiber panels
- Lightweight racing-grade Makrolon glass
- Ugraded R8 V-10 to 600+ horsepower
- Custom roof-top ski box; featuring ski boot warmer and LED lighting
- 10 layer clear coat
- Lightweight leather racing seats
- PPI Steering wheel
- Personal Jon Olsson Logo in seats and carbon fiber threshold plates
- ADV.1 wheels
- Overall, shaved 550 lbs. from cars overall weight – ending up at a mere 1,320 lbs. total weight
Check out a little taste of this bad boy in action! For info on Jon’s amazing auto collection and to keep tabs on his exploits, head over to jon-olsson.com.