The highly anticipated Woodward Tahoe at Boreal Mountain will hold its Grand Opening celebration June 9, 2012. The new addition will offer skate, BMX, cheer, and dryland skiing and snowboarding camps all summer long on top of their internationally acclaimed Camp Woodward training facilities and youth camps!
The new complex is a whopping 33,000 square feet and allows snow sport athletes to train on real snow. With the input of campers, pro athletes, instructors, and designers, the structure is now completed and ready for action.
Here are some highlights hot off the press from Woodward:
● THE BUNKER. This year-round indoor training facility is another amazing creation from renowned skatepark builder Nate Wessel. A virtual playground of banked walls, step-ups and transfers, designed for campers to focus on dryland ski/ride training, skateboarding, BMX and cheer.
● SEVEN trampolines designed to develop and train aerial awareness in multiple sports.
● THE LAUNCH PAD. A marquee feature of The Bunker designed with three drop-in levels and three different takeoffs and landings into both foam and resi pits.
● THE SUPER TRAMP. An amazing training device with incredible bounce.
● BagJump®, considered the most state-of-the-art action sports training device in the world. The enormous 50’x50’ cushion for landing is designed to eliminate the “trampoline effect,” absorbing impacts with maximum softness for on-snow progression training.
● Other indoor features include an Indoor Street/Tranny Skatepark, Mini-Mini Ramp, Foam Pits, Spring Floor, Bouldering Wall, Tumbling Track, Double-Mini Tramp and Parkour Zone.
● A lift-accessed private terrain park with a 22ft. Superpipe, jumpline and multiple jibs.
For the big day, the mountain will be open and will be playing host to pros like snowboarder Chas Guldemond, freeskier Tanner Hall, BMX rider Ryan Nyquist, and skateboarder Curren Caples as they participate in demos and open skate sessions set up for the occasion.
Summer and winter sport enthusiasts alike are welcome to join in the fun. There will be a free public skate and BMX session at Woodward Tahoe Bunker as well as snow sport options. Boreal Mountain Resort will open one chairlift for anyone interested in spending the day shredding the park. Lift tickets are $25 from 9am-2pm, or free with a 2012/2013 season pass.
Join the pros and try out the newest action sports training facility on the west coast! And don’t miss the chance to demo a 2013 Academy Snowboard from their tent!
For more information on events and activities at the grand opening, and to register for regular summer camp programs, check out www.woodwardtahoe.com.