The Summer breeze is starting to come in and the outdoor activities are heating up at Squaw Valley.
Squaw Valley looks to take advantage of the upcoming season by opening tons of activities to the public.
On June 15, Squaw Valley will unleash the variety of activities, which includes the Aerial tram, roller rink and mountaintop people, with some activities beginning earlier than that date.
People can ride on the scenic Aerial Tram up to 8,200 feet of elevation to enjoy an open-air roller rink, pool, and hot tub. At these views, guests will get amazing views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada.
At the base of the mountain, families can test out various activities at the Squaw Valley Adventure Center.
The ropes course and skyjump bungee trampoline are scheduled to open tomorrow.
On June 9, the climbing wall and mini-golf course will open in The Village.
The rest of the summer activities will open on June 29, including the resort’s new adult-size mountaintop zip-line.
Below you can find a list of summer activities with a description on each of them:
- Roller Skating- High Camp Roller Rink lets guests roller skate at 8,200 feet.
- Swimming Pool and Hot Tub- Bringing out the whole family might be necessary for the free-form pool or relaxing hot tub.
- Paintball- Squaw Valley has two mountaintop paintball courses. A woodsball course using a ridgeline of trees and boulders as obstacles on the course. The second, a smaller speedball course with hay bales.
- Zip-Lines- With the addition of the adult-size zip-line, makes Squaw Valley have two lines for guests. The other is a kids zip-line (ages 12 and under).
- Disc Golf- An 18-hole disc golf course at 8,200 feet is free with an Aerial Tram ticket.
- Tennis- Two breathtaking mountaintop tennis courts is also free with an Aerial Tram ticket.
- Hiking- Squaw Valley offers a vast trail network to hikers looking for great views and even a Shirley Canyon trail with cascading waterfalls on the path.
- Biking- A seven-mile bike ride to Lake Tahoe with not very difficult incline, making it an easy ride for athletic families.
Squaw Valley’s vibrant Village offers shopping, al fresco dining, and music festivals all summer long.
Take advantage of the good summer weather, great location, and awesome activities offered to the public at Squaw Valley.