Copper Mountain, CO…March 11, 2010… Copper Mountain is the place to be in Summit County during that special day in March when everyone is Irish. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day Saturday, March 13 at Copper with a street party, free live music by Canned Haggis, a St. Patty’s day themed En Fuego, aptly named O’Fuego, great restaurant and bar specials, shamrocks, leprechauns and lots of green. Slainte!
En Fuego meets the luck of the Irish with O’Fuego, a free street party the whole family will enjoy, from 4 – 7 p.m., on Saturday, March 13. This En Fuego features bonfires scattered throughout the village to keep children’s hands toasty warm, a flat land BMX stunt show, free live music by Canned Haggis, Colorado’s most diverse Celtic band, Marg O’Ritas from Margaritaville, plenty of green beer, and the grand finale of fireworks over West Lake…all this make for an epic Saturday night.
Canned Haggis, starting at 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 13 at the West Lake Overlook, dishes out a hearty serving of Scottish and Irish instrumental and singing songs performed on the fiddle, small pipes, Great Highland Bagpipes, guitar, bass, bodhran, and djembe drums. As authentic as they are skilled, Colorado’s most diverse Celtic band, Canned Haggis offers bagpipe and fiddle duels, with heavy drum accompaniment, a capella vocal numbers to instrumental jigs and reels, from Pub Songs to Ballads, whatever your taste in Celtic music, Canned Haggis is sure to please!
Want to enjoy all the fresh snow, unwind during the St. Patrick’s Day festivities and do it all again in the morning without having to fight traffic? Copper has many great lodging deals to fit your needs. Call 866.534.7444 to hear all about the packages from a Copper Mountain Vacation Specialist, or check out the latest deals at www.coppercolorado.com.
St. Patrick’s Day Restaurant and Bar Specials at Copper:
* Mulligan’s Irish Pub will be doing a large St. Paddy’s Day celebration on Wednesday, March 17 with the following specials: an 8 a.m. “Kegs n’ Eggs” Irish breakfast, so come get the day started with a Green Beer and an Irish Breakfast; Irish food specials throughout the day, with the fare including Corned Beef and Cabbage, Bangers and Mash, Irish Nachos, and more; all day long $2 green beers and Irish shot specials; giveaways all day with a live remote from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. by local radio station, KSMT.
* On Saturday, March 13, as well as Wednesday, March 17 at Endo’s Adrenaline Café enjoy: $4 Killian’s drafts, $4 Guinness drafts, $5 Jameson shots, $5 Irish Car Bombs, $5 Baileys and Coffee, $3 Coors/Coors Light Drafts, $5 Red Bull and Jägermeister shots, $6 Red Bull and 3 Olive Vodka, and $15 Long Island Iced Tea Pitchers.
* Pizza Carlo will have the following specials all day on March 13, as well as March 17: $3 Margaritaville Margaritas, $3 Killian’s Drafts, $4 Michael Collins Irish Whiskey, and $9 Corned Beef & Hash Calzone.
* Jack’s Bar offers the following specials for St. Patrick’s Day on Wednesday, March 17: $4 Killian’s Red Drafts, $5 Dublin Apple Shots, and $5 Irish Cream and Coffee or Hot Chocolate. Enjoy live music with Lefty Lucy from 3:30 – 6 p.m., with giveaways during the show. In addition, on Saturday, March 13, Jack’s will offer Coors or Coors light Drafts with a shot of Michael Collins Irish Whiskey for $7, Margaritaville Lime Irish Margaritas for $6, Irish Cream and Coffee or Hot Chocolate for $5, Dublin Apple Shots for $5 and Leprechaun Shots for $2.
* JJ’s Rocky Mountain Tavern has the amazing après sounds of Moe Dixon, playing all your favorite tunes, on Wednesday, March 17. In addition, they will offer Guinness for $4, Killian’s Irish Red for $3, and Irish whiskey and Ginger Ale drinks for $4.50.
* Salsa Mountain Cantina offers $4 green Margaritas, $2.50 select draft beers, and $1 tacos from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. daily.
* Incline Bar & Grill will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on Wednesday, March 17 with specials on: corned beef, cabbage and potatoes; Rueben sandwiches; Guinness beers; Irish Whiskey; Irish Car Bombs; and Green PBR and Miller Light.
* Bring the luck o’ the Irish home from Snowbridge Square Liquors. All Irish Whiskeys including Jameson, Bushmills, and Baileys are 15% OFF and Irish beers including Guinness, Murphy’s, Smithwick’s, and Harp are 10% OFF through St. Patrick’s Day.