First of all, I would prefer you read this entire blog with a creole accent. Ready, go!
Hey everyone, it’s Halley O’Brien and this is the 3rd Waffles episode in the Road Trip series. (Watch Waffles from Snowshoe, WV and The Weather Channel HQ in Atlanta, GA). This week, we’re going hard in the big easy… aka, New Orleans.
NOLA, as the fancy folks call it, is a really cool place. I hadn’t ever been before, so I wasn’t really sure what to expect especially after the hurricane damage. I could see a lot of restoration happening in select areas, but the city was otherwise uninterrupted.
We tried to experience all that NOLA had
to offer in a matter of two days, so here’s what we came up with!
- I got up close and personal with several alligators.
- I then consumed said alligators in the most unique appetizer I may have ever had.
- I also tried oysters for the first time. Tasty, but less thrilling than the aforementioned appetizer.
- I walked around Bourbon Street, realizing it’s very similar to the Jersey Shore.
- I discovered it’s completely legal (and encouraged) to walk around with open containers of alcohol.
- I realized creole accents are actually a thing. Adam Sandler is NOT embellishing in The Waterboy. (That movie came out in 1998? Dear god I’m getting old.)
Next week we are keeping Austin weird. That’s right, we’re headed to Texas! Be sure to find SUNDAY WAFFLES on Facebook atfacebook.com/SUNDAYWAFFLES and follow me on Twitter for other random musings in between episodes.
See you next time!